Hatha Yoga is one of the oldest forms of yoga, dating back from the early 15th century. It has been growing in popularity as an excellent way to improve fitness and as a treatment option for many spinal conditions. Hatha yoga is becoming more popular, and several other variations of it have been developed such as Power Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga.
The name “Hatha” comes from the ancient Indo-Aryan language and is the combination of 2 words, “ha” meaning sun and “tha” meaning moon. Hatha Yoga combines opposite ends to unite them. Hatha Yoga’s main components consist of postures (Asana), and breathing control, Pranayama. If you are able to practice each component, these will balance your mind as well as your body.
• Asanas are the specific postures and positions used in Hatha yoga to help improve overall health as well as helping to remove or reduce any current problems or physical conditions. These postures were originally intended to be used for meditation. However, they have been shown to improve muscle flexibility and bone strength. Asanas have been shown to improve concentration.
• Pranayama is the part of Hatha yoga that is beneficial for your breathing. You will be able to better control your breathing and deal with stress situations by practicing the breathing techniques.
The health benefits this has been known in Eastern societies for many years, here are some you may not be aware of:
• Improved posture and spine alignment. Yoga is great for people with back problems or those who want to avoid them.
• Improve mental and physical abilities, including will power and physical strength.
• Can be very useful to help prevent arthritis and hypertension.
• People suffering from depression and anxiety will find Hatha yoga very beneficial as it can lift your moods and give you the ability to deal with anxiety better.
• Practicing yoga is very beneficial for the body, especially the functioning of our immune system and promotes good circulation and digestion.
• Improves concentration levels through meditation exercises.
• Great during pregnancy, Hatha yoga can help with breathing and relaxation.
• This can be very good for people with weight issues and obesity.
• Recognized as a very good way exercise for heart conditions including heart disease.
• Breathing exercises will help to improve the circulation of oxygen around your body, which is very good for your overall health and to reduce stress levels.